About this Repository
WOU's repository holds student and faculty scholarly and creative works, as well as unique archival materials related to the history of the university and the region. Hamersly Library provides open access to these materials and promotes the collaboration, ongoing development, and discovery of knowledge.
Please contact Stewart Baker (email@example.com) with questions or comments.
Benefits of Institutional Repositories
- Universal access. Everything in the repository is freely available to anyone in the world with an Internet connection. There are no toll-based subscription walls blocking access to your work.
- More exposure. The repository makes your work freely available to anyone who may be interested, which in turn, can improve the impact of your work..
- Easier information discovery. Your work is full-text searchable, making it discoverable through Google, Google Scholar, other large search engines and library search tools.
- Persistent access. You’ll receive a persistent URL for your work that won’t break or disappear. You can paste this URL into any document, resume, vita or webpage.
- Long-term preservation. Hamersly Library is committed to maintaining and preserving an item’s file(s) and associated metadata.
- New computational research technologies. The repository can take advantage of new computational research technologies to provide additional functionality, such as text mining and data linking.
- Highlight research. The repository provides a showcase for your department’s research and scholarship. You can use your community’s collections to attract scholars, researchers and funding.
- Create a corpus of WOU research and scholarship. The repository captures the intellectual capital of Western Oregon University in one place.
WOU Library will never gather or sell personally identifying information, and the anonymous data we gather are used only in aggregate to analyse site user behavior. You can see Google's policies on personal data in Analytics here.
By visiting this site, you accept these conditions.
If you do not wish to have your data tracked, you may configure your browser to reject cookies for this site or use an extension or browser that blocks cookies by following the directions below.
Note that WOU is not responsible for the accuracy of the resources provided below, or any opinions or advice therein. The presence of a resource on this list does not mean that WOU endorses it or its views.
Blocking Cookies in Your Browser
- Clear, allow, and manage cookies in Chrome
- Block websites from storing cookies and site data in Firefox
- How to disable cookies in Edge
Installing a Browser Extension
- Privacy Badger - A tool created by the nonprofit Electronic Frontier Foundation, available in most major browsers
Browsers that Block Cookies
- Brave - A browser designed with privacy and security in mind, Brave blocks cookies and other tracking methods